Advice for Consumers Seeking a Healthcare Service Firm for At-Home Care

Consumers seeking assistance from a healthcare service firm for at-home client care should make contact the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs to ensure that the healthcare service firm is registered with the State, and whether it has been the subject of consumer complaints. They should also ask the Division to verify whether individual nurses or CHHAs provided by the agency are licensed or registered by the State Board of Nursing.

Consumers can find additional information in these documents, available free of charge at the Division’s website:

  • Consumer Brief: Certified Homemaker-Home Health Aides (CHHA) - Click here
  • A Consumer’s Guide to Homemaker-Home Health Aides (CHHA) - Click here

Consumers who believe they have been cheated or scammed by a business, or suspect any other form of consumer abuse, can file a complaint online with the State Division of Consumer Affairs or by calling (800) 242-5846 (toll free within New Jersey) or (973) 504-6200.